At Advanced DDS, our Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon have gone beyond the four years of general dental training. Dr. Debra Blum has completed additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training that allows her to safely perform oral surgery.
Your oral surgery experience has never been easier. With our patient’s convenience in mind, we offer on-site oral surgery at Advanced DDS. Our surgical team is made of experts who are specially trained in assisting IV Sedation. In addition, our team is certified in Nitrous Oxide, IV Sedation and CPR & AED.
Thank you for choosing Advanced DDS, your local Garden City Dentist, for all your dental needs.
Tips to a Speedy Recovery from Oral Surgery:
- Follow the instructions given to you by your Oral Surgeon. Make sure to read your post-operation instructions carefully.
- Have someone at home to help you during recovery, especially if you are a senior.
- Keeping your surgical area clean.
- Brush your teeth gently, even on the day of the surgery, but avoid the wounded site for at least two days or until instructed by your oral surgeon.
- Rinse gently with warm salt water daily until your mouth is healed.
- What can you eat?
- Right After: cold soft foods such as yogurt, ice cream, applesauce, etc.
- A Week After: resume normal eating but avoid small items such as nuts, popcorn, etc. until wounded site is completely healed
Tips on Physical Activity and Speaking after your Oral Surgery:
Stop Exercising if you:
- Feel Light-Headed
- Feel Pain
- Your wounded site starts bleeding
Reduce Speech if you:
- Experience pain – if so, take a pain reliever
- Experience bleeding – if so, bite down gently on sterile gauze, moist teabag
- Have increased swelling – if so, apply ice packs periodically