It’s extremely important to visit the dentist on a regular basis because your oral health affects your overall health. When you are eating food or drinking beverages, the bacteria in your mouth is carried through your body.
You should not only go to the dentist when you have a tooth ache or dental emergency. You should go to prevent any dental emergency from occurring. Prevention is key to maintaining a healthy body and is the most valuable solution to your oral health. Therefore, you should make sure you are having regular dental visits for your continuous care appointments.
It is extremely important to be able to trust and feel comfortable with your dentist. When looking for a dentist, consider the following questions:
– What are the office hours? Are they convenient for your schedule?
– Does the office appear clean, neat and orderly? What type of water filtration system are they using? How clean are the dental instruments?
– What services do they offer? Are they a full-dental practice? Do I have to travel and find a specialist for the procedures I need?
– Where was the dentist educated and trained? Are they continuing their education and staying up-to-date on the latest techniques?
– How conveniently located are they? How easy is it to travel to from work or home?
– What are their patients saying about them?
Children, teenagers and adults should see the dentist every six (6) month for their continuous care appointment. Patients that are at a higher risk of Periodontal Disease (gum disease) and Oral Cancer may be recommended to see the dentist more than two times a year.
The cost of your treatment varies depending on the services needed for each individual patient. In your initial visit to the office, we will discuss with you what procedures you need, the cost estimate and payment options that best suits you.
You are not alone, studies have found that 9 to 15 percent of Americans avoid going to the dentist because of fear and anxiety. At Advanced DDS we offer IV Sedation Dentistry. This allows our phobic patients to relax and drift into a peaceful place while staying conscious during the treatment.
Similar to most medical insurance plans, your individual dental coverage is unique to your plan. Even within a single insurance provider, there are generally several plans available to consumers. Each dental plan may differ from what you may have expected on coverage because (but not limited to):
– You have already used some or all of your dental benefits
– Your insurance plan pays only a percentage of the fee
– The treatment needed was not a covered benefit
– You have not yet met your deductible
Advanced DDS is a premium dental practice. We invest in the latest technologies to ensure your treatments are as comfortable as possible utilizing the most recent advances in dental care while ensuring the greatest level of patient safety. We are not an in-network dental practice but we will work with you in obtaining the greatest coverage available in your plan. It is likely you will have some level of payment responsibility.
We will however, carefully review your plan as you meet with our Financial Coordinator in our Garden City office for a complimentary benefits check. At that time, you will be apprised of what your individual plan benefits are and what co-pays or deductibles may apply.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Garden City office and providing years of superior dental care for you and your family.